https://offtheaz303.com/wp-content/uploads/Off-The-AZ-303-Blog-Posts-3.jpg 1080 1080 Dianna Stewart https://offtheaz303.com/wp-content/uploads/offtheaz303-logo.png Dianna Stewart2023-02-05 08:59:192023-02-05 08:59:19Best Parks in the West Valley
Best Parks in the West Valley
Looking for the Best West Valley Playgrounds and Parks in Arizona? We got you! We put together our Off The AZ 303 West Valley Guide for all the places we as mamas will be exploring year ’round!
Best Parks in Buckeye, Arizona
- Sundance Park | 22865 W Lower Buckeye Rd.
- Dog parks, lighted baseball, soccer and softball fields plus a lighted sand volleyball court and over a half mile long walking path. Plenty of picnic tables with charcoal grills available to rent and a very large shared playground!
- Buckeye Town Park | 207 N. 9th St.
- The perfect picnic spot with grass and trees, located near a baseball field. It also is close to the Aquatic Center in Buckeye.
- Dr. Saide Recreation Center | 1003 E. Eason Ave.
- The ultimate teen hang with a gym, lounge area, pool table, foosball and gaming systems. It also has a preschool and multiple classes!
Best Parks in Avondale, Arizona
- Friendship Park | 12325 W. McDowell Rd.
- Friendship Park has tennis and basketball courts. Walking trails, a Japanese garden, softball and baseball fields, a community fishing pond, splash pad and 3 playgrounds!
- Festival Fields Park | 101 E Lower Buckeye Rd.
- One of the bigger community parks in Avondale with large group ramadas, splash pads, softball fields, 2 little league baseball fields, pickleball courts, a pump track, dog park, skate park and a community fishing pond!
- Donnie Hale Park | 10857 W. 4th St.
- This park includes 2 futsal courts, lighted baseball field, lighted basketball courts, a shaded playground and multiple ramadas! Futsal is a very big deal internationally and one of the fastest-growing sports globally. It’s played similarly to soccer, but the court is a harder surface and played with less people per team.
Best Parks in Goodyear, Arizona
- Foothills Community Park Pump Track | 12795 S. Estrella Parkway
- This is the ultimate family-friendly biking spot with a beginner, intermediate and advanced course. It’s an outdoor adventure spot for non-motorized bicycles.
- Goodyear Community Park | 3151 N. Litchfield Rd.,
- A massive park that boasts the ultimate list of amenities from multiple volleyball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball courts, softball fields, and a little league field. Plus, splash pad, skate park, concessions, playgrounds, walking trails and a dog park!
- Loma Linda Park | 400 E Loma Linda Blvd.
- This park has an aquatic facility, tennis courts, a community center, open park space, playground areas and a walking path!
- Bullard Wash Linear Park |
- It has an amphitheater and a lighted pathway that is about a mile long. It has three playgrounds for littles, multiple fitness stations, massive amounts of open park space plus a swing set and plenty of benches and picnic tables along the path.
Best Parks in Litchfield Park, Arizona
- Turtle Park | 675 N Villa Nueva Dr.
- Turtle Park is the largest park in Litchfield Park with soccer and baseball fields, large playgrounds with slides, swings and of course, concrete turtles to climb on. It has pet friendly water fountain and picnic tables!
- Aleppo Park | 940 W Village Pkwy
- One of the bigger parks in Litchfield Park, it has a large soccer fields with open space, 2 basketball courts, volleyball court, plenty of picnic spaces and a large playground with slide and play area.
- Tierra Verde Lake Park | 301 Old Litchfield Rd.
- This is a great park for people who love to fish as they have a fishing doc and two lake fountains. For it’s also a great park to just walk, jog, bike around with a path surrounding the perimeter of the park. It also has pet friendly drinking fountains with plenty of benches and picnic tables.
Best Parks in Glendale, Arizona
- Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center | 5600 W. Union Hills Drive
- The ultimate park and recreation center in Glendale. Looking for fitness, social, recreational and education classes? This is the place! Memberships are available but outside of the rec center, there is still so much to enjoy including ramadas, paved paths, skate plaza, tot playground, ballfields, playgrounds, dog parks and a the Foothills Branch Library!
- Grand Canal Linear Park | 5136 N 75th Ave.,
- Where our walkers and bikers at? This is the ultimate trail and park for those who just want to GO. It’s a +3 mile paved & lighted trail that runs along the Grand Canal. It’s completely wheelchair accessible and has a playground with slides and swings toward the 75th Ave & Camelback Road portion.
Best Parks in El Mirage, Arizona
- Gateway Park | 10100 N El Mirage Rd.,
- Grab your skateboards, scooters, and swim trunks. Gateway Park has a skate plaza, shared playgrounds, splash pad open from May to October, baseball and softball fields, dog park, basketball courts, a 1/2 mile walk and jog path PLUS A CONCESSIONS STAND. Windy City Dogs Cafe is serving up slushies and hot dogs, Chicago sandwiches and the classics (nachos, pretzels, corn dog, etc.) year ’round here!
- Bill Gentry Park | 14010 N El Mirage, Rd
- A smaller park with a lighted basketball court, ramadas with 4 picnic tables, a playground and workout stations for the mamas who want an extra sweat while kiddos are playing, and a youth baseball field! Located conveniently off Grand Ave!
Best Parks in Surprise, Arizona
- Surprise Community Park | 15930 W Bullard Ave.
- A large park with public swimming pool, fenced dog parks, fishing lake with a dock, playgrounds, ramadas, 4 lighted basketball courts, 2 sand volleyball courts and lighted walking paths! Home to a new stunning blooming Cactus art piece called “Bloom Where You’re Planted,” by artist Brad Oldham.
- Asante Community Park | 16763 W Vereda Solana Drive
- A massive park with 2 playgrounds, walking paths with exercise stations, soccer and baseball fields, ramadas and picnic tables plus a lighted World War II Memorial.
- Marley Park | 15073 W Sweetwater Ave
- Marley Park has a playground with a splash pad open from April – November and 2 softball fields. It also has plenty of places to barbecue with a pavilion, picnic tables, ramadas, and drinking fountains!
- Mark Coronado Park | 15850 N Bullard Ave.,
- Large park with massive grass fields and hosts Sunday in the Park, a once-a-month food truck festival.
Best Parks in Peoria, Arizona
- Rio Vista Community Park | 8866 W Thunderbird Rd.
- A large park with a playground for bigs and littles, a skatepark for all levels of skateboarders and inline skaters, splash pad, multi-use athletic fields and connected to Rio Vista Recreation Center which offers 100s of activities for the whole family to enjoy. It also is home to the Veterans Memorial Wall.
- Paloma Community Park | 29799 N Lake Pleasant Pkwy.
- The ultimate park in North Peoria offering a large splash pad, big pond for fishing, dogs parks, walking trail, awesome bathrooms, concessions stands, large fields to play sports and run in, multiple baseball and softball fields plus ramadas to rent!
- Camino a Lago Park | 21109 N 98th Ave.
- Tucked behind the Sunrise Mountain Library, this park offers a playground and splash pad, tennis courts and a large running field.
Best Parks in North Phoenix, Arizona
- Deem Hills Community Park | 5050 W. Andrea Ln.
- Massive park with walking path, nature trail, lighted sports fields, tennis courts, pickleball courts, dog parks, playgrounds and access to Deem Hills hiking trails!
- Tramonto Park | 35425 N 32nd Dr.,
- Playground, small amphitheater with lighted basketball and volleyball courts but also a 9-station exercise course!
- Paseo Highlands Park (Geolet A.C. Beuf Community Center) | 3435 West Pinnacle Peak Road
- Massive park that offers lighted softball and soccer fields as well as a lighted basketball court and volleyball sand pit, grills, athletic fields, ramada and home to the Geolet A.C. Beuf Community Center.
Best Parks in Anthem, Arizona
- Opportunity Way Park | 41906 N 46th Ln,
- Multi-use sports fields, covered playground, ramada, picnic areas, walking path, restrooms and ample parking!
- Anthem Community Park | 41703 N Gavilan Peak Pkwy
- Huge park with fishing ponds, large playgrounds, sports facilities, a train, splash pad, miles of walking trails plus they host the Anthem Community Farmers Market!
Looking for splash pads in the West Valley? Hop over to our West Valley parks with splash pads blog for parks to visit with Arizona kids in the summer months!
Follow us on Instagram and use #offtheaz303 to share photos from your adventures at the Best Parks in the West Valley!