INDOOR SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS IN WEST VALLEY PHOENIX
See you later, Arizona heat! We are headed inside with these indoor summer activities for kids in West Valley, Arizona! As mamas on the go, who have children home with them in the summer, we wanted to share a few local West Valley AZ spots that are perfect for them… and us! So, we put together a list of awesome indoor summer activities for kids, hoping you find a little peace, joy and coolness here, too!
FOR THE BIG KIDS…
Fat Cats in Surprise, Arizona
- Buy a membership to Fat Cats in Surprise, Arizona, and let the kids go wild! It’s a movie theater, bowling alley, arcade and indoor minigolf all in one!
Main Event in Avondale, Arizona
- This massive entertainment spot has bowling, virtual reality, laser tag, billiards, games, story rooms, gravity ropes, mini golf, escape rooms and many other immersive attractions!
O’wynns World of Adventure Theme Park in Litchfield Park
- This is a fun place for the whole family – it’s an indoor theme park in Litchfield Park with various rooms, themes and adventures including a ropes course, virtual reality, an actual ride with full motion seats, arcade games and more! We haven’t been there yet but looks perfect for the big kids!
Board and Brush Avondale
- DIY Children Workshops are always a big hit during the summer and Board and Brush Avondale offers just that! Kids can pick a wood project and create and paint their little hearts out! Materials and instructions… and glitter are provided!
Uptown Alley in Surprise, Arizona
- Bowling, arcade, billiards and virtual realty – need we say more? They have an awesome play all-day summer pass for only $15 per person through August 31st that includes 1.5 hours of bowling with shoes, unlimited laser tag and unlimited arcade play. Worth it if you have super active kiddos who could use some serious activity time to blow through energy!
Urban Air in Goodyear, Arizona
- We have two of these trampoline and adventure parks in the West Valley (Peoria and Goodyear)! It’s filled to the brim with challenges including a climbing hill, tumble track for the gymnasts and dancers, wipeout course, virtual reality, ropes course, climbing wall, tubes playground, A LOT of trampolines and soooo much more! Their monthly memberships are as low as $12,00 a kid with an option for parents to buy one at $4 and gain access to all the same things as the kids!
FOR THE LITTLES…
Little Champs Gym Play in Surprise, Arizona
- This little gym is the newest indoor play and gymnastics studio to open in the West Valley! It’s absolutely adorable and so needed in the West Valley! They offer parent & me classes, a lot of open play time and various gymnastic classes for kids up to age 8! They also host a Parents Night Out — say what?! We can’t wait to visit.
Luv 2 Play in Arizona
- Luv 2 Play is a great indoor playground and party center for children ages newborn to 12 years old with slides, climbing stations, and arcade games! Plus they host a summer camp that includes supervised play, crafts, games, lunch and snacks!
TeenyTown Playland in Litchfield
- This indoor playspace for children 0 to 10 years old is actually created to look like a little town with over 8 different playhouses (construction, kitchen, doctor’s office, school) with toys catered to children who are ready to play AND learn! They also offer a light snack and beverage bar and offer monthly memberships if you want to be a frequent player!
PLAYzona in Glendale
- One of the newest West Valley AZ playspaces with themed areas for littles to explore in. It’s made for children as young as 0 to 12 years old and even offers music and art classes! For the older kids, they have a dedicated creative space with games, activities and fun projects for them to enjoy. Right now, they are offering a summer play pass that will last through July 31st, otherwise they have monthly memberships, punch cards or single visits available. Children 6 months and younger are free!
Giggles in Glendale
- Indoor playspace with all wooden equipment for children 9 months old to about 6 years old. They offer monthly memberships as well as daily admission or frequent play card that gives you access all day! Adults are always free but everyone must wear socks!
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY…
- The ultimate indoor adventure place with a pump track, trampolines, huge indoor skateboarding, zip line, sports court, slide, toddler zone, tumbling space and skatepark!
- They offer a variety of summer passes that are good for seven days. You can choose from a 2 hour pass or a 4 hour pass and the seven days start once you use it for the first time! If you go at least 3 times during that 7 day window, you’ve made your money back!
Harkins Movie Theaters Valleywide
- Some Harkins Movie Theaters in the West Valley, Arizona are offering Summer Movie Fun! A summer series where they show 8 family-fun movies like minions, pets, superpets, bad guys and more with the cost of tickets only being $8 for the season! That’s right – 8 movies, 8 weeks for $8!
West Valley AZ Libraries
- Sign up for your City’s Library program | Almost all city libraries will offer a reading program with plenty of summer activities for kids to participate in!
- Some of our favorites frequently visited, off the AZ 303, are White Tanks Library in Waddell, Arizona, George T Lord Library in Goodyear, Arizona and Sunrise Mountain Library in Peoria, Arizona.
- Buy a getoutpass and explore numerous local West Valley AZ attractions (Luv 2 Play Surprise, Del E Webb Center of Performing Arts, DBat Avondale, etc.) for free or a discounted rate. Use offtheaz303 coupon code for a significant discount!
Arizona Day Camps
- Looking for an indoor summer activity that lasts more than a few hours? Browse our list of Arizona day camps in the West Valley Arizona!
Try a new Arizona Foodie spot!
- Local businesses sometimes take a hit in the summer due to how hot it is so get out there and support local! Try a new spot – browse on our Instagram or Facebook and through our local Arizona blog dedicated to spaces, places and businesses off the AZ 303!
IF YOU ARE A MAMA WITH A FAMILY WHO STILL CRAVES THE OUTDOORS, HERE IS A FUN LOCAL LIST OFF THE AZ 303 TO HELP YOU GET OUTSIDE, EXPLORE, AND STILL BEAT THE HEAT:
- Visit a local splash pad! Read the list of our favorite West Valley AZ Splash Pads!
- Visit a new West Valley AZ park or playground. Review our favorite list!
- Plan a staycation at one of Arizona’s best hotels with a waterpark! We love Hilton Phoenix Tapatio Cliffs Resort and they have amazing summer savings with kid-friendly activities including a special animal visit from Wildlife World Zoo, Kids Activities by the Pool at The Falls Water Village and a Dive-In Movie at dusk!
- Grab a cute new Team Jesus summer hat from Amor Clothing and hit a local public pool!