TOP 10 ICE CREAM SHOPS IN WEST VALLEY AZ
We scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream shops in West Valley AZ! Does anyone else eat ice cream in Arizona year ’round? We do so we put together a list of the Top 10 ice cream shops in the West Valley that we absolutely love visiting! Which ones have you been to?
LAVEEN, AZ ICE CREAM SHOPS
6024 W Southern Ave Laveen, AZ 85339
- Do you know the place with the freshest milk that is sold in many valley-wide grocery stores? They sell ice cream in their Danzeisen Creamery Store with over-the-top milkshakes they call Stack Shakes because it’s loaded up with insane toppings like Cracker Jax or a twix bar, etc. They also have ice cream by the scoop, waffle nachos… yes we said waffle nachos as well as floats and everything else you can imagine in ice cream form!
GOODYEAR, AZ ICE CREAM SHOPS
15591 West Roosevelt St Ste 100B
- Home to the bubble fish cones and gourmet snow ice cream! This place is so sweet and so creative. It was one of our first Off The AZ 303 visits and we are so happy we discovered it.
13778 W. McDowell Rd, Ste 301
- This is the #1 Cereal Bar in the World with 100s of cereals to choose from and desserts to make! You can mix cereals with cakes, cupcakes, cookies and load them up with various toppings including pop tarts! It’s out of this world and definitely worth going to check out and try something new!
Papa Ed’s Ice Cream
7146 N 58th Ave Glendale, AZ 85301
- One of the best reasons to visit Downtown Glendale! Papa Ed’s is tucked behind the Packer Family photography studio and is arguably the best-kept secret in Glendale. They offer new flavors frequently and the ice cream is unique and made with lots of love! They also offer parfaits, root beer floats, ice cream sandwiches and coffee!
Bruster’s Ice Cream
17115 N 51st Ave Glendale, AZ 85308
- Flavors made daily… and lots of flavors which we are obsessed with. They also have dairy and sugar sensitivity flavors if you are looking for those. Skip the outside line and use the drive-thru at this location!
11122 W Alabama Ave Ste G-3 Youngtown, AZ 85363
- Mighty Moo loves the kids! They have the most adorable little play area for our littles, but we came for the ice cream and it does not disappoint! It’s smooth with great flavor and many options. The serving sizes are great, too!
15240 N Cotton Ln Ste 108 Surprise, AZ 85388
- Beware of this line… but it’s because it is so good! We’ve gone a few times and the line was wrapped around the building … again, because it’s worth it! It’s one of the closest ice cream shops in West Valley AZ, off the AZ 303! They do some really neat seasonal promos like BOGOs on National Ice Cream Day!
Badazz Boba & Shakes
16630 W Greenway Rd Ste 321 Surprise, AZ 85388
- Another amazing spot right off the AZ 303 in Surprise, AZ. Badazz Boba & Shakes brings it with their fun ice cream creations from the shakes to the ice cream tacos and drinks! On Wednesdays, they have a buy 2, get 1 free drink special, too!
- Located in Park West right next to the splash pad, this is the Valley’s newest Handel’s location. It’s a walk-up and a great sweet treat to grab while you shop or go to the Harkin’s Movie Theater. We highly recommend the Very Berry Sorbet – it was so creamy and fresh.
472 East Wickenburg Way, #201 Wickenburg, AZ 85390
- Located north of the AZ 303 up in Wickenburg, this place is 100 percent worth the drive! It’s under new management but so excited to see what’s in store as they promise to go back to the original concept of ice cream and baked goods!
If ice cream isn’t your jam, what about Paletas?
We love The Paleta Bar in Glendale, Arizona!
Are you a West Valley AZ Ice Cream Shop?
Want to be featured? Invite us out – we’d love to try it!
Looking for more local goodness?
Browse our Arizona Foodie lists!